Southwest Chicken and Bacon Wraps are packed with flavor and a family favorite in the making.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Southwest Chicken Marinade (see recipe below)
- Southwest Ranch Sauce (see recipe below)
- 8 pieces bacon, baked or fried, crumbled
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (could sub Mexican cheese blend)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese (could sub Pepper Jack or Mexican cheese blend)
- shredded lettuce
- tomatoes, diced
- 6–8 whole wheat tortillas
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade (see recipe below). Add the chicken. Marinate chicken for 1 hour or longer in fridge.
- Grill over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes per side, until chicken is cooked through (no longer pink inside).
- Let meat rest and then slice into long, thin pieces.
- To assemble wrap: Add grilled chicken pieces, bacon pieces, some of each kind of cheese, shredded lettuce, and tomatoes to each tortilla. Roll up like a burrito. Dip in Southwest Ranch Sauce (see recipe below) or add inside the wrap.
Southwest Chicken Marinade:
- Combine all the ingredients below in a large ziplock bag and shake:1/3 cup oil, 1/3 cup vinegar, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, 2 teaspoons chili powder, 2 teaspoons garlic powder,1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
Southwest Ranch Sauce:
- Combine all the ingredients below in a glass jar or bowl for the Southwest Ranch Sauce: About 1/2 cup ranch dressing and about 1/2 cup salsa
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Package the following items individually in freezer bags and freeze them: uncooked chicken in the marinade, cooked bacon pieces, cheese, ranch salsa, and tortillas.
When ready to eat: Thaw everything overnight in the fridge. Then, grill the chicken, cut it up, and chop up fresh lettuce and tomatoes.
- Serving Size: 6-8 wraps