Mini Turkey Cheeseburgers are the tiny slider size deliciousness your family will absolutely love to gobble up.
- 2 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil or avocado oil
- 12 Provolone or Cheddar cheese slices
- 2 dozen mini ciabatta rolls or dinner rolls
- In a large bowl, use clean hands to combine the ground turkey, garlic, parsley, oregano, lemon juice, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese.
- Form the meat into about 24 1-1/2 inch patties. (Freezer meal instructions begin here.)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add some of the patties and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes total. (If the patties brown before they’re cooked through, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and continue to cook for a few minutes more.) Repeat with the remaining oil and patties.
- Serve as patties or topped with half a cheese slice and on a mini roll.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
To Freeze: Form the patties and freeze uncooked burgers in single layers between parchment paper either in a gallon-sized freezer bag or freezer container. Seal well and freeze.
To Prepare: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours. Cook according to instructions.