These southwest chicken tenders are sure to please all the eaters in your house. They are full of flavor but not spicy.
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider or white vinegar (Gluten-Free: Make sure your vinegar is gluten-free.)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
Make It Now:
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken tenders in a large zip top bag and shake. Add chicken tenders and shake again. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- Place bag in a dish and set in the refrigerator. Let chicken marinate for 2 and up to 24 hours, occasionally turning the bag to evenly distribute the marinade.
- Cook the chicken using one of the following two methods. Chicken is done when you cut into it and there is no more pink or it registers 165°F internally. Do not overcook.
- OPTION ONE: GRILLING – Grill chicken tenders over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side.
- OPTION TWO: BAKING – Bake at 425°F for about 15 minutes, flipping half way through.
Freeze For Later: Follow Step 1. Seal and freeze.
Prepare From Frozen: Thaw using one of these safe thawing methods. Cook the chicken according to Step 3.