This southwest marinade is sure to please all the eaters in your house. It is full of flavor, but not spicy. Once you try this, it will for sure find its way in to your regular meal rotation.
- 1/3 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider or white vinegar (Gluten-Free: Make sure your vinegar is gluten-free.)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders (or 4 boneless chicken breasts)
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken tenders in a large zip top bag and shake. Add chicken tenders and shake again. Place bag in a dish and set in the refrigerator. Let chicken marinate for an hour or two, occasionally turning the bag to evenly distribute the marinade.
- Grill chicken tenders over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes per side. Chicken is done when you cut into it and there is no more pink. Do not overcook.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Cook chicken tenders according to recipe instructions. Let cool completely. Place chicken tenders in freezer safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
Thaw desired amount of chicken tenders in refrigerator overnight or in the microwave.