Lunch wraps are nutritious, hearty, and completely adaptable to whatever your family might like in them! Make a batch and freeze them for a delicious lunch!
- 6 (8-inch) whole wheat or multigrain tortillas (corn tortillas are not recommended)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup black or kidney beans, cooked or canned (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup corn, frozen or canned (drained)
- 1/2 cup salsa (your favorite kind)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (how to shred your own cheese)
Make It Now:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lay out the tortillas on a cutting board or clean surface. Evenly distribute the rice, beans, corn, salsa, and cheese among each one. Roll up like a burrito, tucking in the bottom and top and rolling tightly. Wrap each burrito in foil. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- Bake directly on an oven rack for about 15-20 minutes, until hot all the way through.
Freeze For Later: Follow Steps 1 and 2. Then, place the uncooked wraps in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Prepare From Frozen: To heat from frozen, you have two options:
Option 1 (Oven): Cook according to Step 3, adding about 10-15 minutes on to baking time. So, the total baking time will be about 25-35 minutes.
Option 2 (Microwave): Remove the foil, wrap in a moist paper towel, and microwave in 30-60 second increments until heated through.