A healthy and filling dinner idea for everyone! It’s packed with flavorful grilled chicken, black beans, brown rice, and all your favorite taco toppings.
- 2–3 cups cooked brown rice (I used this Instant Pot recipe)
- Half a batch of grilled Southwest Chicken Tenders (1.5 pounds chicken), chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1–2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce (I like Romaine)
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1–2 limes, cut in quarters (squeeze over the top of the bowl)
Make It Now:
Add a scoop of rice, grilled chicken, and beans to a bowl. Top with your favorite toppings. Toss to combine. Enjoy with tortilla chips on the side.
Freeze for Later: To create a meal kit, place each of the following ingredients in separate quart-sized freezer bags and seal tightly:
– 2-3 cups cooked brown rice
– Half a batch of grilled Southwest Chicken Tenders (1.5 pounds chicken)
– 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
– 1-2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
– 1 cup salsa
Put all the smaller bags into a plastic grocery sack or a large freezer container. Seal, label and place in the freezer together.
Prepare from Frozen: Thaw the meal pack in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours. Warm the chicken, beans, and rice in the microwave, if you want. Set out all the ingredients, including the fresh optional toppings, like lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, sour cream, and lime wedges. Build your bowl and enjoy!