Aside from tortillas, I don’t think I have bought any type of bread since I got my bread machine a few months ago. Since I meal plan every week, I know in advance when we are going to need some type of bread so I plan to have time to make it earlier that day.
We had a bunch of extra turkey from Christmas so our plan was to make turkey and pesto paninis one night for dinner. I looked at a few recipes for panini bread online and found this one (sorry, I don’t have the original source!).
They were really easy to make and turned out so good! They had a hint of sweetness and a lighter texture than normal bread. We used them for paninis but this bread recipe could be used for any sandwich. In fact, one morning I just warmed it up and put some honey and butter on it and my daughter scarfed it down.
I will definitely be making these again soon!Print
Panini Sandwich Bread that is homemade press-worthy perfection!
- 1 1/4 cups milk, slightly warmed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface and divide into 10 pieces.
- Shape into 6-inch oblongs for panini style rolls.
- Flatten them down pressing with your hand or rolling pin.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes.
- Oven temperatures vary so check after 9 minutes to see if done.