Eat one of these and you’re guaranteed to win the lotto! Well, maybe not, but at least you’ll enjoy a delicious, easy to make, relatively healthy cookie. Seriously, these little orbs deliver on that promise. My kids enjoy helping me make these every few weeks or so (and sneaking a few chocolate chips on the sly). Then, we freeze most of them, so we don’t gorge ourselves silly on them. Uh, did I mention they are good? From frozen, just nuke them for 20 seconds when ready to eat. Enjoy!
Powerball Cookies are a healthy, real-food snack. Careful, it's hard to stop at just one!
- 1 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 cup honey
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (quick-cooking works fine)
- 1/2 cup flaxseed or wheat germ Why eat flaxseed?
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup any combination of nuts and soft dried fruits (I used 1/2 chopped pecans and 1/2 raisins)
Blend peanut butter and honey until smooth. You may want to warm them first to make this step easier.
Mix in oats and flaxseed or wheat germ.
Add chocolate chips and dried fruit and/or nuts. Stir until well combined.
Shape into balls (using wet hands or wet cookie scoop is easiest) and refrigerate or freeze.