Eat one of these and you’re guaranteed to win the lotto! Well, maybe not. But at least you’ll enjoy a delicious, easy to make, relatively healthy cookie. Seriously, these little orbs deliver on that promise. My kids enjoy helping me make these every few weeks or so (and sneaking a few chocolate chips on the sly). Then, we freeze most of them, so we don’t gorge ourselves silly. Uh, did I mention they are good? From frozen, just nuke them for 20 seconds when ready to eat. Enjoy!
- 1 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 cup honey
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (quick-cooking works fine)
- ½ cup ground flax seed or wheat germ Why eat flaxseed?
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup any combination of nuts and soft dried fruits (I used ½ chopped pecans and ½ raisins)
- Blend peanut butter and honey until smooth. You may want to warm them first to make this step easier.
- Mix in oats and flaxseed or wheat germ.
- Add chocolate chips and dried fruit and/or nuts. Stir until well combined.
- Shape into balls (using wet hands or wet cookie scoop is easiest) and refrigerate or freeze.
Shape in to balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed or parchment paper. Flash freeze for a few hours so the cookies don't stick to one another. Then put in to a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 3 months.
Warm cookies in the microwave for 15-20 seconds or eat frozen.