These healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist, sweet, and delicious…and easily freezable. We pull them out of the freezer for snacks or for an easy breakfast.
It’s the time of year when everyone wants a little pumpkin in their life. These healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are moist, sweet, and delicious…and easily freezable. We make them every other week and pull them out of the freezer for snacks or breakfast. Enjoy!
Healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe. So delicious and at the same time, nutritious! Try them regular-sized or as mini muffins.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (I use white whole wheat flour for this)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon real salt
- 1 cup of pureed pumpkin (canned pure pumpkin is what I use)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup 1% lowfat milk
- 1/3 cup oil (I use melted coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or coat a 24-cup mini muffin tin or a 12-cup regular-sized muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, ground flaxseed, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, oil, milk, and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake mini muffins for 15-17 minutes or 12 full-size muffins for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool 5 minutes. Remove the muffins and cool an additional 5 minutes before serving.
To Freeze: Bake and cool completely. Place muffins in a single layer in a gallon-sized freezer bag, squeeze out the air, and seal. Freeze.
To Prepare From Frozen: Let a muffin sit on the counter for a few minutes or use the defrost setting to thaw.