We are baked oatmeal fanatics around here, as you may know. Both my kids and Polly’s kids eat the stuff by bushels. I find myself making the Brownie Baked Oatmeal repeatedly, while Polly probably makes the original Baked Oatmeal with Fruit recipe the most. But, all the baked oatmeal recipes on here are worth trying.
Now Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal may knock the ole brownie one off its throne in our house. This baked breakfast treat is sweet but not too sweet, autumnal (I love that word), and packed full of sneaky nutrition with pumpkin, bananas, and whole grains throughout. I feel great about filling my family’s tummies with this first thing in the morning.
I wrote this recipe for a crowd, because my three kids will eat all of this within two days time. I’m just saving you (and me) the trouble of making more soon. 😉
This easy, healthy, and hearty breakfast is perfect for a large group.
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 (15 ounces) can pumpkin puree
- 2 over-ripe bananas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups oats (quick or old fashioned will work)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
Make It Now:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a blender, blend the first 8 ingredients, milk through salt.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flaxseed, baking powder, and cinnamon. Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Finally stir in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into greased casserole dish.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes, until the edges are set but middle is still soft to the touch. I prefer to take it out on the softer side, because it carry-over cooks even after it’s out of the oven.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes. Serve warm with a little milk on top.
Freeze For Later: Follow Steps 2 and 3. Wrap the dish with a few layers of plastic wrap and either a layer of foil or snap on a lid. Freeze.
Prepare From Frozen: Thaw completely. Cook according to instructions.