This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A Banana Ghost is a healthier Halloween snack that kids will love! They’re spooky, cute, and tasty.
Why You’ll Love Banana Ghosts
- Kids love them! It’s amazing how one small addition to this classic fruit can completely transform it. I even used these as a snack for my son’s Halloween Party!
- They are SO easy. I am all about an easy Halloween Snack idea.
- They are perfect for a group. Banana Ghosts would be so cute on charcuterie board or served with a meal for a group of people. Include some Mummy Hot Dogs too!
- They are a healthy snack. Bananas are a rich source of essential nutrients like potassium, dietary fiber, and vitamins B6 and C, promoting heart health, digestion, and overall well-being.
How to Make Banana Ghosts
Simply cut a banana in half and make a face with the chocolate chips!
You can vary how you use the chocolate chips. Some place them pointy side down so the eyes and mouth are flat vs how they are in the picture below.
I’ve also used a full size chocolate chip as the mouth instead of a mini chocolate chip.
More Halloween Fun!
Halloween Games for Kids
If you’re planning games and activities for a Halloween party, we’ve rounded up a fabulous collection of game ideas.
31+ Halloween Craft Ideas
Kids will enjoy these simple crafts for Halloween. You likely have most of the supplies at home
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 1 banana
- 4 mini chocolate chips
- 2 regular-sized chocolate chips
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Peel the banana. Cut in half.
- Insert two mini chocolate chips, point end down, into the narrow end of each banana half. These will act as the eyes.
- Insert one regular-sized chocolate chip, point end down, to represent the nose on each half.
Peeled bananas will start to brown after an hour or so. Don’t make this recipe too far in advance or they will be EXTRA scary. 🙂