This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Look no further for a fun and easy Halloween Treat. Mummy Hot Dogs are a crowd pleaser and make any Halloween gathering extra festive. They have only 2 ingredients and are super easy to make!
Mummy Hot Dogs: A Crowd Pleaser!
I’m always on the lookout for fun recipes that feed a crowd. Especially around the holidays!
This is one of the many reasons I love Mummy Dogs around Halloween.
They fall far from the real food philosophy that we try to aim for around with our recipes but prove to be a great party food and a favorite among youngsters.
And let’s be honest, we kind of have to chuck healthy expectations out the window on Halloween night.
How to Make Mummy Hot Dogs
When you see how easy Mummy Dogs are to make, they will be come a regular around Halloween. I make them every year!
- Slice the bottom of a hotdog open to create legs. Now carefully cut each side of the hotdog to make arms. Use a paring knife to do this.
- Next, slice up crescent rolls into thin strips. Again, a sharp paring knife is helpful for this step.
- Wrap your strips imperfectly around the hotdog. Kids love to help with this step!
Bake the Mummy Hot Dogs
Because we’re using crescent rolls from a can, you will need to look at the baking instructions from the brand you purchased.
Bake according to those instructions or until the mummies are getting brown and crisp.
Make lots–they go fast!
10+ Halloween Games for Kids
Check out more games that are perfect for Halloween class parties!
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 1 package hot dogs (look for nitrate, nitrite-free)
- 1 package crescent rolls
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- To make your mummies, slice the bottom of a hotdog open to create legs. Now carefully cut each side of the hotdog to make arms.
- Slice crescent rolls into thin strips. Wrap your strips imperfectly around the hotdog.
- Cook according to the crescent rolls’ instructions and serve warm.