After discovering how life-changing (well, close) Brownie Baked Oatmeal can be, I knew I had to try other forms of this make ahead oatmeal breakfast. Peanut Butter and Banana Baked Oatmeal did not disappoint.
Little people go crazy over this stuff. I mean it. Make a lot! I serve it with a little milk over the top.
One of my favorite parts of a simple recipe like this is that you can make two at one time and freeze it for later. As you probably know, Freezer Meals are our passion and specialty around here. So, I included Freezer Meal directions at the bottom of the recipe.Print
Delicious and healthy! Make this baked oatmeal ahead of time for a warm and comforting breakfast the whole family will love. Double and freeze an extra one for later, too.
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (Why eat flaxseed?)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup honey (I prefer raw honey)
- 1 cup milk (any kind will do)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter, melted or softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, flax, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, milk, peanut butter, eggs, vanilla and bananas. (Tip: I find it’s much easier to throw all of the wet ingredients into the blender instead.)
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Spread into the dish. Bake at 350°F until firm around the corners and still a little soft in the middle, about 20-25 minutes. If you like it a little crunchy on top, cook for a few minutes longer.
- Serve warm in bowls with milk poured over the top. We also like fresh berries on top. Enjoy!
Freezer Meal Instructions:
To Freeze: Prepare according to directions but freeze the baked oatmeal before baking. Wrap tightly in a few layers of plastic wrap and one layer of foil. Place in the back of the freezer for up to 3 months.
To Prepare: When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge for 24 hours and bake according to directions. You can also defrost in the microwave and bake.
If you liked this recipe, you might like these 10 other recipes that use up ripe bananas. You’ll never throw away brown bananas again!