Here’s a healthy and super EASY lunch, appetizer, or snack idea for you. Try out this tasty Mediterranean Layered Dip and make it your way.
It’s full of heart-healthy fats, protein, fiber and antioxidants from the hummus and veggies. The feta cheese provides a nice, tangy, salty bite to top it all off. Serve it with some Pita chips and you’ve got yourself a killer real food meal or appetizer.
This versatile dip stays good in your fridge for a few days, so why not whip up a batch and feel good about snacking all week?
Below is how I made mine, but feel free to add in a layer of chopped tomatoes, olives, chopped artichokes, minced red onions, or roasted red peppers. Just do whatever floats your Mediterranean boat!
- 1 cup hummus
- 2 cups (loosely packed) chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- juice of ½ a lemon
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Order of ingredients: ½ cup hummus, 1 cup chopped spinach, ½ of the red pepper, ½ cup hummus, 1 cup chopped spinach. Squeeze lemon juice over the top of ingredients.
- Top with ½ cup feta cheese.