Shhh…I’m about to reveal to you the easiest and perhaps most kid-friendly recipe in our entire cookbook, From Freezer to Table. We can’t share very many of our 75+ whole foods freezer meals with you on the blog, but our publisher said we can share this one. Yay!
Like most of our recipes, these freezer-friendly English Muffin Pizzas are something all ages enjoy, and you can easily double and freeze extras for later. We especially love them because they can be baked straight from frozen and are a great way to use up leftover ingredients. You can customize them (with the help of your family members) according to each person’s preferences, too.
If you want more easy, delicious, and healthy freezer meals at your fingertips, check out our cookbook here. Not only is it beautiful and at an affordable price, but we’ve heard over and over again that this is the most useful cookbook people own. Watch this 1 minute video to see the entire book…
- 6 whole wheat English muffins
- 3⁄4 cup pizza sauce (make your own using our recipe)
- 21⁄4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped toppings: uncured pepperoni, cooked Italian sausage, green peppers, banana peppers, spinach, mushrooms, etc.
- Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut each English muffin horizontally and lay them out on the baking sheet with the inside facing up. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or just until they start to brown. Remove from the oven.
- Reduce the heat to 375°F.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce to each muffin half.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of cheese over the sauce.
- Mix together the chopped topping ingredients of your choice and scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mix on top of the cheese.
- Top each off with another tablespoon of cheese. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese has thoroughly melted.
To Freeze: Prepare as directed, but do not bake. Flash freeze on the baking sheet until completely frozen, 1 to 2 hours. Place in an airtight freezer container or bag, separating layers with parchment paper.
To Prepare From Frozen: In a preheated 375°F oven, bake from frozen for 13 to 15 minutes.