This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These English Muffin Pizzas are something all ages enjoy. They are freezer-friendly and can be customized so easily! An easy, healthy twist on pizza that kids love.
So, if you take a little extra time to double or triple the recipe and freeze them, you can have an easy freezer meal cooked in a matter of minutes.
What Ingredients Should I Use on an English Muffin Pizza?
Here is the beauty of this recipe: You can customize these any which way you want! You’ll need these basic ingredients to make them:
- Whole Wheat English muffins
- Sugar Free Pizza Sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped toppings: uncured pepperoni, cooked Italian sausage, green peppers, banana peppers, spinach, mushrooms, etc.
Here are the stages at a glace:
Will the English Muffin Be Soggy?
This is a great question. You’re wondering, won’t the pizza sauce make the English muffin mushy? Fear not, my pizza making companion. If you simply toast your English muffin before putting the pizza sauce on, it will provide a protective barrier. Because no one wants soggy pizza!!
Can I Freeze English Muffin Pizza?
Yes! English Muffins Pizzas are freezer friendly! This is one of those freezer meals that you might be surprised by.
We especially love them because they can be frozen individually, can be baked straight from frozen, and are a great way to use up leftover ingredients.
To Freeze For Later: Prepare as directed, but do not bake. Flash freeze on the baking sheet until completely frozen, 1 to 2 hours. Place in an airtight freezer container or bag, separating layers with parchment paper.
Prepare From Frozen: In a preheated 375°F oven, bake from frozen for 13 to 15 minutes. No thawing necessary!
What Should I Serve with English Muffin Pizzas?
Here are a some ideas of side dishes to serve alongside your mini pizzas:
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 6 whole wheat English muffins
- 3/4 cup Sugar Free Pizza Sauce
- 2 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite toppings: uncured pepperoni, cooked Italian sausage, green peppers, banana peppers, spinach, mushrooms, etc.
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Make It Now:
- Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut each English muffin in half and lay them out on the baking sheet with the inside facing up. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or just until they start to brown. Remove from the oven.
- Turn the oven temp to 375°F.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce to each muffin half and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of cheese over the sauce.
- Place your favorite toppings in a thin layer next.
- Top each off with another 1 tablespoon of cheese. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese has thoroughly melted.
Freeze For Later: Prepare as directed, but do not bake. Flash freeze on the baking sheet until completely frozen, 1 to 2 hours. Place in an airtight freezer container or bag, separating layers with parchment paper.
Prepare From Frozen: In a preheated 375°F oven, bake from frozen for 13 to 15 minutes, until warmed through and the cheese is melty.
Want More Time Saving Meals Like This?
If you like to save time in the kitchen but still have delicious meals on the table, you will LOVE our 1 Hour Freezer Prep Sessions. Get this: you will make 6 meals in 1 hour. We have lots of options to choose from so be sure to hop over and browse around a bit!