This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
With only 4 simple ingredients, you can have this tangy, sweet honey dijon salad dressing ready to go. It’s healthier, fresher, and much tastier than the store-bought version. Serve it with our Honey Mustard Chicken for a well rounded meal.
Why Make Salad Dressing at Home?
There are several reasons why you might want to make homemade salad dressing at home.
- Healthier Ingredients: When you make your own dressing, you have control over the ingredients.
- Customizable: Making your own dressing allows you to customize the flavor and consistency.
- Cost-Effective: Homemade salad dressings like our Honey Balsamic Salad Dressing or our Apple Cider Vinaigrette can be less expensive than store-bought versions, especially if you use ingredients that you already have on hand.
- Freshness: Homemade salad dressings are always fresh and can be made in small batches. I love to do this with our Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette.
- Sustainability: Making your own salad dressing can be a more sustainable option because you can reduce packaging waste and avoid buying products that require shipping and transportation.
The ingredients are quite simple. Here’s what you’ll need to have on hand:
That’s it! You only need 4 main ingredients to make this easy salad dressing at home.
Ingredient Note: You can substitute olive oil for avocado oil.
How to Serve Honey Dijon Dressing
My favorite salad combo to add this dressing to is:
- Red leaf lettuce
- Feta cheese
- Toasted almonds.
This dressing also goes great with spinach-based salads like our Cranberry Spinach Salad. You could also add some grilled chicken on top for a complete meal.
After you make this salad dressing, store it in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Don’t throw it out! When chilled, some types of oil will solidify. Just set it out at room temperature for 45 minutes or so before you want to use it and it will be back to normal.
Yes! We use it to make Honey Mustard Chicken all the time.
Salad Dressing Cheat Sheet
Our best homemade salad dressings all in one place!
- Download it.
- Print it.
- Use it over and over again!
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- pinch of salt (or more to taste)
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Put all ingredients into a mason jar and give it a good shake!
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. The olive oil may solidify but just set it out at room temperature before serving to give it time to liquify again.
- You can substitute olive oil for avocado oil.