This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 8 ears of fresh corn, shucks with silks removed (Here’s the best way to cut corn off the cob)
- 5 cups chopped and seeded fresh tomatoes (about 3 pounds tomatoes; squeeze out extra liquid)
- 2 medium poblano peppers, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced (may want to leave out if making for kids)
- 1 cup chopped red onion (1 medium onion) (Here’s a quick way to chop it like a pro!)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (juice of about about 4 limes) (Check out this tip for juicing a lime)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (can add a little more for more heat)
- salt and pepper, to taste (we used 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper)
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat oven broiler*. Place corn on a sheet pan with sides. Roast corn under the broiler turning every 3-4 minutes, until lightly browned (about 10-15 minutes).
- After corn is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cob.
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Put cooled salsa in freezer jars (or bags). Be sure to leave at least an inch at the top of a jar, because it will expand when frozen.
Place in the refrigerator until thawed. Serve and enjoy!