Holy moly. This avocado lime salsa was delicious!
To be honest, I didn’t create this recipe to go on the blog. I originally whipped it up to go on top of a cilantro lime chicken wrap recipe that I was testing out for our upcoming cookbook.
When I realized that I had stumbled upon greatness in the form of avocados, tomatoes, lime juice and onion, I began snapping pictures. This recipe is too good to not be shared.
This chunky salsa would be a great side dish to almost any Mexican entree.
It’s fresh. It’s zesty. It’s flavorful. It’s healthy. Time to get chopping and make some of your own.
- Two large avocados, pitted and cut up into small pieces
- Half red onion, finely chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced (about 15 tomatoes)
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix all ingredients together and lightly toss until lime juice has coated all of the veggies.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Here are a few dinner ideas this would go wonderfully with. Enjoy!
- Cheesy Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas
- Baked Chicken Fajitas
- On-the-Go Chicken Burritos
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Cheese Taquitos