I’m writing this post on an empty stomach and reminiscing on how delicious these Grilled Sirloin Steak Kebabs were. It’s not fair to stare at these juicy chunks of meat, infused with a rich, garlicky marinade. All complimented by vegetables cooked and grilled to perfection.
My Jimmy Johns sandwich is simply sad in comparison.
The magic is in the marinade, my friends.
Give these bad boys a nice soak in order to maximize the flavor. Also, to take them over the top, reserve about 1/2 cup of the marinade before you pour it over the meat and drizzle it over the finished product.
I’m jealous of my previous self that got to eat these for dinner the other night.
I also have an idea on how you could make this a freezer meal! Just toss the sirloin (minus the veggies) in a plastic freezer bag with the marinade and freeze it. When you want to eat it, let it thaw and then just assemble the meat with fresh veggies. (Bell peppers won’t play nice after being frozen so they need to be fresh).
Time to chow!Print
- 1/2 soy sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large red onion, quartered and separated
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into1.5 inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1 inch pieces
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic, and pepper. Stir until combined.
- In a microwave safe bowl, drizzle the onions with a little bit of olive oil and microwave them for about 4 minutes. (They need to be cooked a bit before being skewered.
- Thread the beef, onion, and bell peppers onto a skewer. In a large baking dish, pour the marinade over the kebabs and let them marinade for at least an hour or up to 24 hours.
- Remove kebabs from marinade and pat dry.
- Place them on a pre-heated grill over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes.
Since onions and bell peppers wouldn’t freeze well alone, you could make this a freezer meal by freezing the beef in the marinade and then just use fresh vegetables when you want to cook it.