Cheddar and sour cream biscuits. Need I say more?
OK, I will.
They were great and a super easy side dish. If I would have had green onions on hand I would have tossed a few in there as well but they were good without them.
What surprised me was that despite the fact that I subbed 1 cup of the white flour out for white whole wheat flour, they were still fluffy.
Simple. Easy. Good. My kind of recipe.
Cheddar and Sour Cream Biscuits will bring the perfect flavor to your dinner table.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir with a whisk to combine.
- Using a pastry cutter or your hands, cut in the butter until the pieces are VERY small–almost unnoticeable.
- Add cheese and toss well.
- Add buttermilk and then sour cream. Stir just until moist.
- On a foil lined and greased baking sheet, drop about 1/4 cup of the dough leaving 1-2 inches in between.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove biscuits from pan and let cool.