Cheddar and Sour Cream Biscuits will bring the perfect flavor to your dinner table.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir with a whisk to combine.
- Using a pastry cutter or your hands, cut in the butter until the pieces are VERY small–almost unnoticeable.
- Add cheese and toss well.
- Add buttermilk and then sour cream. Stir just until moist.
- On a foil lined and greased baking sheet, drop about 1/4 cup of the dough leaving 1-2 inches in between.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove biscuits from pan and let cool.