While this pasta dish is warm and creamy, the citrus flavor makes it seem fresh and light. It is a flavorful dish that you’ll love to serve up.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cognac or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- zest of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 navel orange
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped (I leave this out)
- 12 leaves fresh basil, chopped or torn
- 1/2 pound whole wheat linguine, cooked al dente
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese (I just use Parmesan)
- (optional: add 1 lb of cooked shrimp to the pasta. I love it this way!)
- Boil a pot of water and add linguine.
- While pasta is cooking, warm the cream over low-medium heat.
- Add in the cognac or dry sherry, lemon and orange zest, and salt; simmer 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add mint and basil.
- Toss the hot, drained pasta with the sauce and grated cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- (I like to throw a small handful of Parmesan cheese on top of each dish right before I serve it.)