I’ve made this Avacado Basil Pasta recipe twice already. It’s so yummy! The second time I made it, I modified the original recipe by using whole wheat pasta and a few little seasoning modifications. (The picture is from the first time I made it without the whole wheat if you’re confused.)
It’s a really easy recipe to throw together and can be modified easily according to your taste preference or what you have on hand.
It’s also a great summer dinner for groups. You can even halve this recipe for just one person! EnjoyPrint
This avocado basil pasta recipe can be thrown together with very few ingredients. The simplicity does not compromise the taste!
- 8 ounces of whole wheat pasta.
- 2 medium avocados peeled and diced
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Pecorino Romano cheese. (I used parmesan and it worked fine)
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine avocado, bacon, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Add the hot pasta and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and serve.