Holy moly. This avocado lime salsa was delicious!
To be honest, I didn’t create this recipe to go on the blog. I originally whipped it up to go on top of a cilantro lime chicken wrap recipe that I was testing out for our upcoming cookbook.
When I realized that I had stumbled upon greatness in the form of avocados, tomatoes, lime juice and onion, I began snapping pictures. This recipe is too good to not be shared.
This chunky salsa would be a great side dish to almost any Mexican entree.
It’s fresh. It’s zesty. It’s flavorful. It’s healthy. Time to get chopping and make some of your own.
Fresh and zesty avocado lime salsa. Such a great appetizer or side dish for any Mexican entree. Only takes a few minutes to make too!
- Two large avocados, pitted and cut up into small pieces
- Half red onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced (about 15 tomatoes)
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- Mix all ingredients together and lightly toss until lime juice has coated all of the veggies.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I’ve found that the avocados are easier to chop if they are refrigerated beforehand.
Here are a few dinner ideas this would go wonderfully with. Enjoy!