This avocado basil pasta recipe can be thrown together with very few ingredients. The simplicity does not compromise the taste!
- 8 ounces of whole wheat pasta.
- 2 medium avocados peeled and diced
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Pecorino Romano cheese. (I used parmesan and it worked fine)
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine avocado, bacon, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Add the hot pasta and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and serve.