This Mexican soup recipe never fails to please a crowd. It is one of my favorite recipes for a lot of reasons:
1) It tastes awesome
2) It is primarily made with veggies
3) It freezes really well
4) It feeds up to 12 adults
5) It is super easy to make
6) Kids love it! (If you’re easy on the spices)
Do I have you convinced yet? If not, you can ask the people who just left my house requesting the recipe.
- 2 lbs of lean ground beef (you can also use chicken)
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix*
- 2-3 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 2 cans rotel
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cans shoe peg white corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can ranch beans
- 2 cups of water
- * If you want to avoid using a pre-packaged mix, here is a recipe for homemade Ranch Dressing mix from www.heavenlyhomemakers.com.
- Ranch Dressing Mix
- 5 Tablespoons dried minced onions
- 7 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1) Brown meat and onion on medium/high heat until beef is cooked thoroughly. Add garlic salt and cumin while browning the meat.
2) Add all ingredients, including meat mixture into a large pot. (Don't even drain the beans.) Just dump it all in!
3) Simmer for 2 hours.
Optional: serve with shredded cheese and tortilla chips
Mix together and store in an air tight container. Use about 2 tablespoons to replace the package mix.
Hope you like it as much as we do! Here are a few other Mexican recipes from our Recipe Index if you’re interested:Pin It