This mexican soup recipe never fails to please a crowd.
1) It tastes awesome
2) It is primarily made of veggies
3) It freezes really well
4) It feeds up to 12 adults
5) It is super easy to make
Do I have you convinced yet? If not, you can ask the people who just left my house requesting the recipe.
- 2 lbs of lean ground beef (you can also use chicken)
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 pkg hidden valley ranch dressing mix*
- 2 pkgs taco seasoning
- 2 cans rotel
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cans shoe peg white corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can ranch beans
- 2 cups of water
Brown meat and onion. Mix in garlic salt and cumin.
Once meat is browned, add all ingredients into a large pot. Don't drain the beans. Just dump it all it!
Simmer for 2 hours.
Optional: serve with shredded cheese and tortilla chips
* If you want to avoid using a pre-packaged mix, here is a recipe for homemade Ranch Dressing mix from www.heavenlyhomemakers.com.
Ranch Dressing Mix
5 Tablespoons dried minced onions
7 teaspoon parsley flakes
4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Mix together and store in an air tight container. Use about 2 tablespoons to replace the package mix.
Hope you like it as much as we do! Here are a few other Mexican recipes from our Recipe Index if you’re interested: