A homemade, whole foods approach to Strawberry Shortcake makes for a delicious and healthy dessert or breakfast!
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4–5 cups of fresh, sliced strawberries
- fresh whipped cream (beat whipping cream until soft peaks form; add a bit of stevia for sweetness)
- Mix together flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, honey, oil, vanilla and milk.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir well or mix well with hand mixer.
- Pour into a well buttered 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool completely. Top with fresh sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
Originally from heavenlyhomemakers.com (a great site!).