This pecan peach crisp dessert is delicious. The key to incredible flavor is to use peaches at their peak of freshness.
- Peach Filling
- 4–5 peaches, cored and diced into wedges
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 cup sugar (up this to 1/4 cup if your peaches aren’t ripe)
- 1.5 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, cold and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Toss peaches with lemon juice, sugar, and flour until well coated.
- For the topping, combine flour, oats, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and brown sugar.
- Using either a pastry cutter or your hands, cut in the butter until everything is crumbly.
- Stir in pecans.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream!