Prepare to be transported to a warm summer day as you enjoy this light and fruity salad. Tangy feta cheese, toasted sliced almonds, sweet strawberries and fresh pineapple, and luscious avocado pair well with the sweet and tangy balsamic dressing.
- 8 cups (4-ounce container) baby Romaine or salad greens, loosely packed
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped (1-inch pieces) pineapple
- 1/2 large Hass avocado, diced
- ½ cup sliced, toasted almonds (sub: toasted pecan halves)*
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (sub: crumbled goat cheese)
- Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
On a serving platter, add the salad greens. Top with strawberries, fresh pineapple, avocado, toasted almonds, and cheese. Make the dressing using this recipe for Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette. Shake up the dressing and serve alongside the salad.
*To toast the nuts: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the nuts on a rimmed sheet pan. Bake for 4 minutes and then shake the pan. Bake for another 3-5 minutes, until the nuts are just starting to turn golden and are fragrant. Watch closely so they don’t burn. Remove from the oven and immediately transfer the toasted nuts to a plate to cool. (If they stay on the hot sheet pan, they may get overcooked.)
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 - 2 cups