Several others couples and we meet twice a month for our small group Bible study night. Great friends, sharing our lives with one another, and substantive discussion are the best parts. But, the snack is important too, you know. Tonight was my “snack duty” turn, so I made the Guacamole recipe below and served it with Tostitos Natural Blue Corn Restaurant Style Chips and Tostitos Multigrain Tortilla Chips, both of which are MSG-free, additive-free, and Trans Fat-free.
My recipe has a less oniony and more limey taste than others, I think. That’s because I’m not a huge raw onion fan. I try to only post recipes that get good feedback, so hopefully you’ll enjoy it. Note that it makes a lot!
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely minced
- ½ to 1 small onion, finely grated or minced (I use about ½)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped (could sub cilantro)
- 8 avocados
- juice of 3 limes
- 1½ tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- In a large bowl, add jalepeno, onion, garlic cloves, and parsley.
- Cut avocados lengthwise, remove pits, and dig out flesh with a spoon. Add to bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice over the top of avocados.
- Add salt, pepper, and cumin to bowl.
- Use a potato masher to mash avocados to desired consistency.
- Test seasoning and add more salt or pepper as needed.
- Add tomatoes and stir with a spoon to make sure all contents are well combined. Serve immediately. (Note: If not eating right away, place plastic wrap on top of the surface of guacamole and put in fridge to slow oxidation.)