This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Looking for a sweet and simple dessert that’s quick to make and always a crowd-pleaser? With their buttery, caramel-like flavor and soft, chewy texture, Blondie Brownies are like a warm hug packed into a dessert. Whether you’re hosting a party, bringing dessert to a potluck, or just looking for a sweet snack, these blondies are sure to hit the spot.
“These are amazing and super easy! Made them on the fly when we had guests over and they were perfect. Thanks for a great recipe!” ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️” – Meghan
What Is a Blondie?
Perhaps you’re asking, “What is a blondie anyway?” While Wikipedia gives a deep-dive answer, I’d simply say: imagine if a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie made a baby. You’d end up with this special little bundle of joy. A Blondie Brownie is like a brownie but without chocolate.
Instead, it has a sweet and buttery flavor that’s almost like caramel or butterscotch. A cake-like, chocolate chip cookie bar might be another way to think of this dessert.
The ingredients in this Blondie Brownie Recipe are quite simple. In fact, you may have them all on hand like I did.
- Unbleached all-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter (Or if you use salted, then cut back on salt in the recipe.)
- Light brown sugar
- Large eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Semisweet chocolate chips (you don’t have to use these, but I highly recommend it!)
How to Make Blondie Brownies
As I said, this dessert is super easy to whip up! See the recipe below for all details, but here are the basics…
Prepare the Batter
Preheat the oven and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until combined. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
Using a spatula, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Gently stir and fold just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, if using them (highly recommend!).
Spread batter evenly in the bottom of the baking dish. Bake on the center oven rack for 22-25 minutes.
Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve.
How to Freeze Blondies
Blondies can be easily frozen for later enjoyment. Here are the steps to freeze blondies:
- Allow the blondies to cool completely at room temperature.
- Cut the blondies into individual portions, if desired.
- Wrap each blondie tightly in plastic wrap, making sure to cover all sides.
- Place the wrapped blondies in a freezer-safe container or resealable plastic bag.
- Label the container or bag with the date and contents.
- Store the blondies in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To thaw the frozen blondies, simply remove them from the freezer and let them sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours or until they are fully thawed. If you prefer to enjoy your blondies warm, you can reheat them in the microwave or oven before serving.
How long to Blondies stay fresh?
Blondies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Can I add other ingredients in my Blondie Brownies?
Absolutely! Many people like to add chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, or other tasty mix-ins to their blondies for added flavor and texture.
How do I know when they are done baking?
The edges of the blondies should be golden brown and the center should be set but still slightly soft. You can test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the blondies – if it comes out clean or with a few crumbs, they are done.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until combined. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Using a spatula, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Gently stir and fold just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in the bottom of the baking dish. Bake on the center oven rack for 22-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve.