This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Imagine a cross between brownies and chocolate chip cookies. Using basic ingredients in any kitchen and a recipe that’s easy enough for kids to make, Blondie Brownies make the perfect afternoon snack to enjoy and then share with others.
School was out recently…again. So, what do you do with the kids? Make a treat, of course (and try not to pull out your hair as a work-at-home mom)! My son had the idea to make Blondies, so we researched, created our own recipe, and tested these.
These only took 10 minutes to mix up and 25 minutes in the oven. They turned out great! As my friend, Polly, said when she retested them this week…”they are like a warm hug”.
What Is a Blondie?
Perhaps you’re asking, “what is a blondie anyway?” While Wikipedia gives a deep dive answer, I’d simply say: imagine if a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie made a baby. You’d end up with this special little bundle of joy. A cake-like, chocolate chip cookie bar might be another way to think of this dessert.
Ingredients in Blondie Brownies
The ingredients in this blondie brownie recipe are quite simple. In fact, you may have them all on hand like I did.
- Unbleached all-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter (Or if you use salted, then cut back on salt in the recipe.)
- Light brown sugar
- Large eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Semisweet chocolate chips (you don’t have to use these, but I highly recommend it!)
How to Make Blondie Brownies
Like I said, this dessert is super easy to whip up! See the recipe below for all details, but here are the basics…
Step 1: Preheat the oven and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Step 3: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until combined. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
Step 4: Using a spatula, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Gently stir and fold just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, if using them (highly recommend!).
Step 5: Spread batter evenly in the bottom of the baking dish. Bake on the center oven rack for 22-25 minutes.
Step 6: Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Can You Freeze Blondie Brownies?
Surprise! Did you know that you can freeze blondie brownies? After they cool completely, simply slice into squares. Wrap each square tightly in a plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag. When you have a hankering for a blondie, remove one, unwrap, and let it thaw on the counter or warm in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
More Desserts You’ll Love
If you like this easy treat, give a few of our other dessert recipes a try:
After enjoying a piece of Blondie Brownies ourselves, my son cut up a few pieces and delivered them to the neighbor. Occasionally I remember to look for opportunities, to help cultivate grateful and generous hearts in my kids. Wish it was more often, to be honest!
We hope you can enjoy this tasty treat right out of the oven and/or deliver some to a friend soon, too.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar until combined. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
- Using a spatula, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Gently stir and fold just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in the bottom of the baking dish. Bake on the center oven rack for 22-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve.