This tilapia recipe is sure to become a favorite! With a perfectly crispy outside and incredibly moist flavor, you’re sure to love it, too!
- 1 cup oyster crackers – I used Trader Joe’s Oyster Crackers
- 1/3 cup multigrain crackers – I used Trader Joe’s Mini Round 12-Grain Crackers
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (or 2 teaspoons of dried thyme leaves)
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Whole wheat flour, for coating
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Splash of heavy cream or half and half
- olive oil, for frying
- 1.5 lbs sole or tilapia fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- salt and pepper, to taste
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Using a food processor, grind the oyster crackers, multigrain crackers, Parmesan, parsley, chives, thyme, Old Bay seasoning, and garlic powder. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Place flour in another shallow bowl. In a third shallow bowl, beat the eggs and cream.
- Fill a large skillet with enough oil to reach a depth of ¼ inch and heat over medium-high heat. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper. Coat the fish with the flour, shaking off any excess; coat with the egg mixture, then with the cracker crumbs. Working with two fillets at a time, fry the fish in the skillet, turning once, until deep golden, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer each batch to the oven to keep warm. Serve with the lemon wedges.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Bread the fish and freeze unbaked.
When ready to cook, thaw breaded fish filets in the fridge overnight and cook according to recipe instructions.