I grew up thinking that canned green beans were better than fresh.
To be honest, I still have a hard time with fresh green beans unless they are seasoned up or cooked in a delicious way. (Probably why I’m a fan of this Bacon Wrapped Green Bean recipe as well). This is why I am so excited to share this super easy recipe that I snagged from The Family Cooks. My kids were holding tight to their green bean bias but my husband, a self-proclaimed “not a green bean guy” really liked them!
The garlic-soy glaze gives some serious flavor that I was loving.
At first I was afraid of those little garlic chunks, thinking they’d be too much flavor but after getting a taste of a few, I found myself digging around for them.
I’m so excited for you guys to try this one!!
Start with some fresh green beans and snap off the ends. This is a good task for your kids if you’re wanting them to help with some dinner prep, by the way.
Heat up a large skillet and add enough oil to coat the bottom. I used olive oil but it got a little smokey since the heat needs to be high. Another option would be avocado oil. Vegetable oil will work but it’s a bit more processed. It’s up to you!
After the oil is heated up, add in your garlic and give it a stir for a minute or so.
SMELLS. SO. GOOD.
Toss in the green beans and stir-fry them in that garlic-goodness for 3-4 minutes.
When they are starting to get a bit tender, drizzle the soy sauce over it all.
You are officially done.
Seriously, that’s it!Print
- 2–3 tablespoons Avocado oil or other high heat oil for the pan (peanut, grapeseed, or vegetable)
- 3–4 garlic cloves, minced or pushed through a garlic press
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, tips pinches off
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring the whole time, until it turns a golden-brownish. (About 30-60 seconds).
- Add the green beans and stir-fry about 3-4 minutes. They should still be a tad crisp (not limp).
- Add the soy sauce and toss the beans to completely coat.
- Serve right away!