- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips (we like these from Target)
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together softened butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. (I recommend using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, but you can use a wooden spoon and some elbow grease instead.) Then, add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (cocoa, flour, coffee, baking powder and salt.)
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine just until the dough comes together.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Drop scoops of dough onto parchment lined sheet trays. (I used a small cookie dough scoop.) Use your fingers to smash the cookies down a bit so they flatten out more easily when baking.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. Let cool completely.