This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) salted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1–1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 whole large eggs
- Zest and juice of 3 lemons
- Powdered sugar, for sprinkling on top
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan with butter.
- Make your crust. Stir together the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the cut up butter to the bowl and use a pastry cutter to cut it all together until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. If you don’t have a pastry cutter, use your hands.
- Press the crumb mixture into the prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes.
- While crust is baking, make your filling. Stir together the sugar and flour.
- Crack in the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and mix until combined.
- Pour over the crust and bake about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours, then sift powdered sugar over the top before cutting into squares.
- (Use an 8 x 10 pan if you’d like the layers to be a little thicker.)