This simple yet delicious Greek Dip will have you hovering over the dish and wishing you didn’t have to share. Our Greek Dip requires no cooking and is a great recipe to serve groups of people (or just yourself for a healthy lunch!).
Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read our full disclosure policy here.
I developed this recipe many years ago as a unique appetizer for a friend’s birthday party. Everyone there raved about it! Little did they know how easy it was to throw together. Recently, Polly made it again, took some new pictures, and then we stuffed ourselves with it at a work meeting. It’s just SO good!
What’s in Greek Dip?
This Greek Dip is full of heart-healthy fats, protein, fiber and antioxidants from the hummus and veggies. The feta cheese provides a nice, tangy, salty bite to top it all off. Serve it with some Pita chips and you’ve got yourself a killer real food meal or appetizer.
Here is what you’ll need to make it:
- Hummus – You can use store bought or make your own hummus.
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
- Feta cheese
- Juice of a lemon
- Optional: olives, chopped artichokes, green onion, or roasted red peppers
How Do I Serve and Store Greek Dip?
The fun part about this recipe it looks beautiful in all kinds of serving dishes or bowls. I spread mine out on a ridged dish but it could also be made and stored in a typical 8×8 baking dish like this one. A fun bowl–especially something that is see through–would work, too. Anything people can easily scoop from will work.
When storing, just cover it with plastic wrap or transfer it to a storage container. Greek Dip stays fresh in your fridge for 3-5 days. It can be a great make-ahead appetizer or something to meal prep at the beginning of the week for healthy snacking.
While pita chips are my default choice, they’re far from the only option. Here are some other tasty options that pair well with this Greek Dip.
- Baby carrots, celery sticks, or bell pepper strips
- Tortilla chips
- Pita bread, torn in pieces
- Hearty crackers, like Triscuits
You’ll not only love the taste of this easy Greek Dip, but you’ll be loaded up with protein, fiber, and antioxidants. A delicious appetizer or healthy snack idea.
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) hummus
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1/2 a bell pepper)
- 1/2 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion (about 1/4 of an onion)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Juice of a lemon
- Optional topping: sliced olives, chopped artichokes, green onion, or roasted red peppers
- In a serving dish, layer the ingredients in this order:
- Red pepper
- Red Onion
- Squeeze lemon juice over the top of ingredients.
- Optional: Add in any of the optional ingredients as a layer.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with pita chips, fresh vegetable sticks, torn pieces of pita bread, or hearty crackers.