This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (for the pan)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 4–5 stalks asparagus, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas or frozen peas, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups of cooked brown rice
- Sweet Soy Sauce (see recipe below)
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- For Sweet Soy Sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat; swirl to coat.
- Pour eggs into pan; cook for 2 minutes or until set, stirring a few times. Remove eggs from pan.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan. Add vegetables; stir-fry until softened (do not let garlic burn). Season with salt and pepper while it’s cooking.
- Add rice. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add cooked eggs, sweet soy sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Top with parsley. Toss to combine.
- For the Soy Sauce: Bring soy sauce, brown sugar, butter and minced onion to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer 2 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Cook fully. Cool. Freeze in an air tight/freezer-safe container.
When ready to eat, thaw, add a little water and/or more soy sauce (if needed for moisture), and warm in the microwave or over low heat in a pan on the stove.