Many nights of the week, I’m looking for a meal that I can pull together in just minutes and that doesn’t dirty up the kitchen. Penne Rosa Pasta fits the bill! Plus, this cheesy and filling pasta dish is also light and tasty! I like to steam some broccoli florets in a colander over the boiling pasta for a fast and healthy side. You’ll have this meal on the table in about 15 minutes. Score.
This four-ingredient pasta dish is so simple to make and has fantastic flavor. Garnish it with some basil and parmesan cheese for a meal you’re sure to love.
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 cups marinara (either homemade or a good store-bought one)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (low fat works)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt (fat-free works)
- Optional garnishes: chopped fresh parsley and/or basil, freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook penne pasta according to directions. Drain pasta.
- Combine hot pasta with marinara, cream cheese, and yogurt in the pot. Stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with chopped parsley or basil and/or shredded Parmesan cheese on top.