Here’s a healthy and super EASY lunch, appetizer, or snack idea for you. Try out this tasty Mediterranean Layered Dip and make it your way.
This Mediterranean Layered Dip is full of heart-healthy fats, protein, fiber and antioxidants from the hummus and veggies. The feta cheese provides a nice, tangy, salty bite to top it all off. Serve it with some Pita chips and you’ve got yourself a killer real food meal or appetizer.
This versatile dip stays good in your fridge for a few days, so why not whip up a batch and feel good about snacking all week?
Below is how I made mine, but feel free to add in a layer of chopped tomatoes, olives, chopped artichokes, minced red onions, or roasted red peppers. Just do whatever floats your Mediterranean boat!Print
Try this Mediterranean twist on the classic 7-layer dip. You’ll not only love the taste, but you’ll be loaded up with protein, fiber, and antioxidants.
- 1 cup hummus
- 2 cups (loosely packed) chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Optional: chopped tomatoes, olives, chopped artichokes, minced red onions, or roasted red peppers
- In a glass bowl, layer the ingredients in this order:
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 of the red pepper
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 cup chopped spinach.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the top of ingredients. Top with 1/2 cup feta cheese.
- Optional: Add in any of the optional ingredients as a layer. You may want to add more hummus and/or feta in between every two layers to keep the dip creamy.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with pita chips, fresh vegetable sticks, or torn pieces of pita bread.