Have you ever cooked with purple potatoes? If not, check your local store for these beauties. They are full of anti-cancer ingredients and may help fight against memory loss.
- 2–3 purple potatoes (they are fairly small), cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2–3 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1–2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or a few good cranks)
- 3–4 sprigs of thyme, stems removed and chopped
- 1 sprig of rosemary, stems removed and minced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place all the cut vegetables in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary. Toss well. Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender, turning once with a metal spatula. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.