This simple salad and its homemade dressing makes for a simple, delicious addition to your favorite meal.
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I used sea salt)
- 1 large bowl of lettuce (clean, dry and torn up)
- Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small glass bowl.
- Microwave for about 30 seconds or until boiling.
- Immediately pour hot dressing over large bowl of salad. Toss and eat.
- Serving suggestion idea: Add freshly grated Parmesan, feta or Gorgonzola crumbles, thinly sliced apples, and toasted pecans.