I received this Cobb Salad as a fresh meal* for our Freezer Club this week. It is colorful, complex in flavor and texture, and a crowd-pleaser. Hope you enjoy this easy and healthy recipe!
*In case you’re wondering about the “fresh meal” concept…each round of Freezer Club, we try to have one person prepare a fresh (not frozen) meal so we can eat it right away. We’ve made lots of different salads and this Chicken Penne Pasta with Asparagus and Peppers as a fresh meal, as well. These allow for more variety in our monthly menu.
Here’s how we deliver our fresh meal to our Freezer Club friends. You’ll notice we used ham instead of bacon this time.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups mixed greens coarsely chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (Could sub sliced chicken breasts and/or ham)
- ½ cup grated carrot
- ½ cup chopped broccoli or cucumber
- 2 chicken breasts, seasoned, grilled, and chopped
- 2 slices bacon, baked and crumbled OR 1 cup diced ham
- ½ avocado, diced (optional)
- ½ cup crumbled feta, Blue cheese, or shredded cheddar (about 2 ounces)
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with lid. Seal and shake. Refrigerate for up to two weeks.
- In a large bowl toss the greens with ⅔ of the dressing. Put the dressed greens onto a large serving dish. Scatter the rest of the ingredients on top in a colorful array. Drizzle with the remaining dressing on top and serve.