It’s almost silly that I’m posting this recipe since it’s so easy, but I feel compelled to share Baked Nachos since they are:
– A home run every time I make them for the fam.
– Quick! Baked Nachos only take about 15 minutes from start to finish.
– A well-rounded, healthy meal when you offer a variety of veggie toppings and use beans and/or grass-fed beef.
– Suitable for different tastes. Besides offering a variety of toppings, I also make half of the baked nachos with black beans and half with grass-fed beef for my picky people.
– A one pan meal! Less clean-up is always a plus.
Freezer Tip: Another thing that makes Baked Nachos fast is if you make seasoned taco meat in bulk and freeze it in small portions. Then, you can pull the meat from the freezer at the last minute, defrost in the microwave, and you’re ready to go.
- 30-40 tortilla chips (preferably organic and/or with few ingredients)
- ½-1 cup black beans, drained
- ¼-1/2 lb cooked, taco-seasoned grass-fed beef
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or more or less to your taste)
- Topping ideas:
- - shredded lettuce
- - tomatoes, diced
- - avocado, diced
- - black olives, sliced
- - onion, diced
- - jalepeno pepper, thinly sliced
- - salsa
- - sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover a 9x13 baking dish with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Spread nachos in a single layer on the bottom of pan. Cover with beans and beef. Top with cheese.
- Bake for about 5-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- While baking, prepare all the toppings.
- Serve nachos immediately and top with favorite toppings.
- We round out the meal with a fruit salad.