Only 4 ingredients make up this nutritious Instant Pot Spaghetti recipe that your family will love. You’ll have Pot Whole Wheat Spaghetti done in about 15 minutes and will only dirty up one pot! Now, that’s my kind of meal.
A world of recipes is about to open up once you learn how to cook pasta in the Instant Pot.
It’s easier than you think and you’ll be whipping up this Instant Pot Simple Spaghetti Sauce with Whole Wheat Pasta over and over again!
Why Whole Wheat Pasta?
Well, you don’t necessarily HAVE to use whole wheat pasta. You can use any type you have on hand. However, we prefer to use it when we can because it’s much healthier.
Whole wheat pasta is healthier than white pasta, because it’s packed with nutrients such as complex carbs, protein, fiber, iron, magnesium, and zinc. On the other hand, white pasta is made of refined carbs, meaning it has been stripped of many nutrients during its processing.
How Long Do I Cook Spaghetti in the Instant Pot?
Here is the key to perfectly cooked spaghetti in the Instant Pot: Cook at high pressure for half the pasta cooking time on the package, minus 1 minute.
So, if the directions say 9-11 minutes, you’ll cook it for about 4 minutes. I would recommend doing the least amount of time, so your pasta doesn’t get overcooked and mushy.
If you have an Instant Pot, you know you need liquid to help it come to pressure. For this recipe, the marinara isn’t quite enough for that to happen so you need to add two cups of water.
Did you know we published an Instant Pot cookbook called From Freezer to Cooker? During our two years of research and testing, we learned EXACTLY how long to cook meals in the Instant Pot both from fresh OR from frozen. Be sure to download and print off our Cheat Sheet here. It’s so helpful to have inside your cabinet.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Spaghetti
I mean look at how easy this is….4 ingredients + 1 pot = a delicious, healthy meal! Here are some ideas on what to serve with it:
This sauce works to serve over any pasta, zoodles, spaghetti squash, or even quinoa. It’s super versatile like that! Here are a few ideas of side dishes to serve along with your main dish:
Whether you want a healthy, kid-friendly dinner or a freezer meal on hand for later, we think you’ll love the simplicity of this 4-Ingredient Whole Wheat Instant Pot Spaghetti!
Want a Meatier Spaghetti Sauce?
If you want to add some protein to your spaghetti, you simply must hop over to our Instant Pot Meaty Marinara recipe.
With only 6 main ingredients, this Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce couldn’t be easier or tastier! Serve over pasta, zoodles, or spaghetti squash for a delicious and healthy dinner. Freezing instructions included.Print
Only 4 ingredients make up this nutritious dinner recipe that your family will love. You’ll have this done in about 15 minutes and will only dirty up one pot!
- 8 ounces (half package) of whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce (I used our Homemade Marinara)
- 2 cups water
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Break the spaghetti in half and add to the pot. Top with the marinara sauce and water. Stir around very gently until the pasta is covered.
- Lock and seal the lid. Cook at high pressure for half the pasta cooking time on the package, minus 1 minute. (So, if the directions say 9-11 minutes, you’ll cook it for about 4 minutes. I would recommend doing the least amount of time, so your pasta doesn’t get overcooked and mushy.)
- Use a quick release of the pressure when cooking time is through. Be sure to cover the spout with a dish towel to minimize splatters. (I didn’t have any when I tested this, but you never know.)
- Serve warm and topped with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Want Freezer Meals for the Instant Pot?
We’ve got you covered. Hop over to this post highlighting 20+ Best of the Best Freezer Meals for the Instant Pot. It includes freezer meal instructions for EVERY recipe plus tons of pro tips and tricks we’ve learned over the years.