After discovering how life-changing (well, close) Brownie Baked Oatmeal can be, I knew I had to try other forms of this make ahead oatmeal breakfast. Peanut Butter and Banana Baked Oatmeal did not disappoint.
Little people go crazy over this stuff. I mean it. Make a lot! I serve it with a little milk over the top.
One of my favorite parts of a simple recipe like this is that you can make two at one time and freeze it for later. As you probably know, Freezer Meals are our passion and specialty around here. So, I included Freezer Meal directions at the bottom of the recipe.
- 3 cups quick cooking or regular rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅓-1/2 cup honey (I prefer raw honey)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup peanut butter or almond butter, melted or softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas, smashed
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan or two 8x8 pans.
- 2) Mix together first four ingredients (oats through salt) in a large bowl. Next, mix together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl (from honey through bananas). Stir wet ingredients into the dry and combine. Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- 3) Spread into the pan(s). Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. If you like it a little crunchy on top cook for a few minutes longer.
- 4) Serve with warm milk poured over top. Enjoy!
- Freezer Meal Instructions: If you want to freeze this and bake later, prepare according to directions but freeze it before baking. Wrap tightly in a few layers of plastic wrap and one of foil and place in the back of the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge for 24 hours and baked according to directions. Or defrost in the microwave and bake.