Looking for a quick and healthy lunch option? As moms, our lunch doesn’t have to consist of leftover sandwich triangles from our kids’ plates and a rogue baby carrot or two we find left in the vegetable drawer. With a few simple ingredients in the pantry and fridge, you can whip up a Protein Lunch Bowl that will keep you full and give you energy for the afternoon ahead (and maybe even help you fend off the mid-afternoon snack craving!).
I eat some version of this Protein Bowl about five days a week…no joke. I can’t get enough of it. It’s lemony fresh, simple, and so filling and good for you! Plus, if you are trying to reduce your gluten intake, this Protein Bowl is entirely gluten-free. Two other similar dishes you might like are Tabbouleh and Greek Garden Salad.
This bowl of goodness is clean eating at it’s best!
- ½ cup cooked black beans (drained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup chopped bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- ½ avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- juice from ½ a lemon
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste
- Combine black beans, bell pepper, tomatoes, avocado, and feta cheese in a dinner-sized bowl. Squeeze lemon over the top and sprinkle on salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Stir, taste, and season as needed.
- Eat cold or warm up for about 30-45 seconds in the microwave and stir.
- Optional: I often add a bit of quinoa or brown rice, too.