Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sliders

Just put a few ingredients (like chicken and marinara ) in to the crockpot and you'll have one of your favorite meals for a busy night!

“I need more recipes like this in my life,” I told my husband, as he and the kids scarfed down slider after slider. When I don’t have to touch raw meat (can I get an amen?), I can just dump a few ingredients in a slow cooker, and a healthy and kid-friendly meal magically appears at dinner time…I’M IN!

As with so many of our recipes, Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sliders freeze well. (Find all our Freezer Meal recipes here.) So double up and freeze away for another night. I included freezer meal instructions in the recipe.

Here’s all you really need from the store:

• chicken breasts, fresh or frozen
  • a jar of your favorite marinara (or make your own)
  • some mini whole wheat buns or rolls (or make your own)
  • Parmesan cheese
  • mozzarella or Provolone cheese slices

I also throw in some fresh minced garlic and Italian seasoning, but I can never leave well-enough alone. Feel free to jazz it up, but it’s really not necessary.

Throw this one in the crock tomorrow morning and relax! Oh, and pass this recipe on to the college student or new cook in your life. They will thank you.

5.0 from 2 reviews
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sliders

Author:
Serves: 6
Ingredients
  • 3-4 chicken breasts
  • 1 jar (28 ounces) all-natural marinara sauce (ormake your own)
  • Optional: 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
  • Optional: 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed in hand
  • 12 mini whole wheat buns or 6 large whole wheat buns (ormake your own)
  • freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 6 slices of Provolone or Mozzarella cheese
Instructions
  1. Add chicken breasts, sauce, garlic, and seasoning to the slow cooker.
  2. Cook on LOW for 4-5 hours or on HIGH for 2-3 hours. Chicken is done when it shreds easily and is white all the way through. Shred with two forks.
  3. To build a sandwich place some hot shredded chicken inside a bun, sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese, top with Provolone or Mozzarella cheese slice, and pop the top of the bun in place. Enjoy!
Notes
Freezer Meal Instructions:
To Freeze:
Fully cook and cool the chicken. Place in a freezer-safe container or zip top bag. You can also wrap up the cheese slices and rolls tightly and freeze. Keep all ingredients in a grocery sack in the freezer, so the meal components are together.
To Prepare:
When ready to cook, thaw everything in the fridge for 24-48 hours. If chicken is still partially frozen, use the defrost setting on the microwave. Warm chicken mixture over medium-low on the stove stirring occasionally, in a slow cooker on low setting, or in the microwave. Serve according to the instructions in Step 3 above.

Comments

1. Jen Garrett says

This is in the crockpot right now and my house smells divine!!! Yum!

Yeah! You’ll have to let me know what the boys think. I hope they like it. You can tell Justin that this one doesn’t have any hidden spinach in it. 😉

2. Patty says

Made these for dinner tonight and they were crazy good. The provolone really made the sandwiches. Love your recipes. I have a four month old and three year old and have just started freezer cooking. Freezer meals have allowed me to enjoy cooking again despite my busy work schedule. Your recipes and tips have been so much help. Thank you!

We love hearing that! I just made these last week too and am so glad we have leftovers!

3. Amber says

This recipe worked out great for my son’s first birthday party, so simple! Everyone was commenting on how delicious they were – My addition: I toasted up some panko breadcrumbs in butter.. People were able to scoop some on before adding the cheese and it gave it that crunch of chicken parm. Will definitely be making again!

Good idea!

4. Monique says

I made this yesterday and it is DELICIOUS! Even my picky 3 year old asked for seconds. This will definitely be in rotation in my meal planning. Thank you for sharing these recipes!

Awesome! I love hearing success stories, especially with picky kiddos. yeah!

5. Keija says

We are in the process of moving so I made this because it looked so simple. It was thoroughly enjoyed by 4 adults and a 1 year old! Thanks for the easy, delicious recipe!

6. Sharon says

Making 9 batches of this for a meal swap this weekend. Sounds yummy!! Thanks!

That is awesome, Sharon! It’s so easy and a crowd favorite.

7. Jamie says

Looks and sounds delicious! If using frozen chicken, will cooking times change?

Thank you!

I haven’t used frozen chicken before, so I’m sorry that I can’t advise on that one.