Disclaimer: This recipe was created in partnership with Frigidaire. But the opinions are all ours!
Everybody loves a good meatball, right? Well, at least everyone in my crew does. And, as my mom friends out there know, it’s no small feat to prepare a meal that everyone eats and enjoys. These delicious, moist, Baked Italian Meatballs may get eaten before they ever make it atop whole wheat spaghetti with homemade marinara sauce or a Meatball Sandwich.
Perhaps the best part: Skip the stove top mess and bake these away in the oven for only 20 minutes. They come out perfect every time. And, like so many of our recipes, you can make these meatballs ahead of time and freeze them for a quick, healthy meal later. Check out the freezer meal instructions in the recipe.
I think you’ll want to make this baked version of meatballs again and again!
- 1 ½ lb ground beef (or substitute ground turkey)
- 1 cup whole wheat or panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Using clean hands, gently combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Use a medium dough scooper or a spoon to scoop and then roll about 1½ inch meatballs. Line up meatballs on the sheet pan, leaving room between each.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside (160 degrees internal temperature).
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Then, complete Step 2 and 3. At this point, flash freeze uncooked meatballs by placing pan in the freezer for about an hour or so. Once frozen, dump meatballs in a gallon-sized freezer bag and place in freezer.
Thaw meatballs in refrigerator overnight (preferred method) or using the cool water method (submerge freezer bag in cold water until thawed, replacing water every 30 minutes). Cook according to instructions.