It had been an uneventful dinner so far. Everyone…yes, picky eaters and all…munched away on these easy Mini Turkey Cheeseburgers, which I served alongside some Simple Roasted Veggies that night. Uneventful dinner = a RAGING success these days. 🙂
We heard the familiar knock of my dad (aka Daddyman) at the door in the middle of said uneventful dinner. The kids raced to the door, and there he was with tool box in hand ready to fix yet another broken item in my house. Yes, I’m that spoiled.
As Daddyman worked away in the kitchen, I heard him mutter, “Oooo, those look good” toward my plate of cheese-topped patties. A few minutes later, he took a break from his fix-it job to down a Mini Turkey Cheeseburger with an audible, “Mmmm!” Then, as he walked back out the door, I noticed a second burger in hand.
It makes my heart skip a beat when I make someone happy with my food, especially my daddy!
I hope you can make your people so very happy with these flavor-packed and quite healthy little burgers. Either eat them plain or doctor with them up with all your favorite cheeseburger toppings. They make for great leftovers the next few days, too.
- 2½ pounds ground turkey
- 1½ teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅔ cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil or avocado oil
- 12 Provolone or Cheddar cheese slices
- 2 dozen mini ciabatta rolls or dinner rolls
- In a large bowl, use clean hands to combine the ground turkey, garlic, parsley, oregano, lemon juice, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, and Parmesan cheese.
- Form the meat into about 24 1-1/2 inch patties. (Freezer meal instructions begin here.)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add some of the patties and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes total. (If the patties brown before they're cooked through, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and continue to cook for a few minutes more.) Repeat with the remaining oil and patties.
- Serve as patties or topped with half a cheese slice and on a mini roll.
To Freeze: Form the patties and freeze uncooked burgers in single layers between parchment paper either in a gallon-sized freezer bag or freezer container. Seal well and freeze.
To Prepare: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24-48 hours. Cook according to instructions.