One of our easiest freezer meals: Chicken Parmesan Sliders. Just put a few ingredients into the crockpot and you’ll have one of your favorite meals for a busy night. Great meal idea for large groups!
“I need more recipes like this in my life,” I told my husband, as he and the kids scarfed down slider after slider. When I don’t have to touch raw meat (can I get an amen?), I can just dump a few ingredients in a slow cooker, and a healthy and kid-friendly meal magically appears at dinner time…I’M IN!
As with so many of our recipes, Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Sliders freeze well. (Find all our Freezer Meal recipes here.) So double up and freeze away for another night. I included freezer meal instructions in the recipe.
Here’s all you really need from the store:
- chicken breasts, fresh or frozen
- a jar of your favorite marinara (or make your own)
- some mini whole wheat buns or rolls (or make your own)
- Parmesan cheese
- mozzarella or Provolone cheese slices
I also throw in some fresh minced garlic and Italian seasoning, but I can never leave well-enough alone. Feel free to jazz it up, but it’s really not necessary.
Throw this one in the crock tomorrow morning and relax! Oh, and pass this recipe on to the college student or new cook in your life. They will thank you.
Just put a few ingredients (like chicken and marinara ) in to the crockpot and you’ll have one of your favorite meals for a busy night!
- 3–4 chicken breasts
- 1 jar (25 ounces) or 3 cups all-natural marinara sauce (or make your own)
- Optional: 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- Optional: 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed in hand
- 12 mini whole wheat buns or 6 large whole wheat buns (or make your own)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices of Provolone or Mozzarella cheese
- Add chicken breasts, sauce, garlic, and seasoning to the slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 3-4 hours. Chicken is done when it shreds easily and is white all the way through. Shred with two forks.
- To build a sandwich place some hot shredded chicken inside a bun, sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese, top with Provolone or Mozzarella cheese slice, and pop the top of the bun in place. Enjoy!
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Fully cook and cool the chicken. Place in a freezer-safe container or zip top bag. You can also wrap up the cheese slices and rolls tightly and freeze. Keep all ingredients in a grocery sack in the freezer, so the meal components are together.
When ready to cook, thaw everything in the fridge for 24-48 hours. If chicken is still partially frozen, use the defrost setting on the microwave. Warm chicken mixture over medium-low on the stove stirring occasionally, in a slow cooker on low setting, or in the microwave. Serve according to the instructions in Step 3 above.